Re: A DNS security issue that might actually have impact eventually

2014-01-12 15:43:11
the internet was a disruptive technology, and has been used for good,
bad, and indifferent.  thanks to societal forces, ongoing development of
disrupptive tools is at the edge, not the core.  bitcoin, namecoin, ...
are new disruptive technologies routing around the ossification,
cooption, and greed of the internet by LEO, NSA, ICANN, MPAA, ....
these new tools will be used for good, bad, and indifferent.

the tools which worry me are the ones where the use is only bad, e.g.
the spymall catalog.

But if the principle of due process comes under further attack, we are
going to find ourselves in a different domain and the demand for a
naming infrastructure that is not exposed to the risk of arbitrary
search and seizure will grow.

yup.  i think of it as the internet body's white blood cells trying to
heal us from disease.

randy