Re: [imapext] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-09

2014-01-28 03:34:39
On 27 Jan 2014, at 20:59, Barry Leiba <barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org>
wrote:

Actually, I think I convinced Barry that it is updating RFC 2683.

Yes: because the new line-length-limit recommendation is meant to
apply whether or not condstore or qresync are in play, this "updates"
remains (it's the others that used to be there that we scrubbed).

I think David's right that some version of what Eliot said:

there
is a requirement for strict syntax parsing.  If the client blows it in
any way, the server SHOULD return an error with a BAD response.

...should be added to the section about the line-length limit.  A
sentence or two should do nicely.

Yes, I agree.