Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-03

2014-02-01 15:08:10
On Jan 27, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Simon Perreault
<simon(_dot_)perreault(_at_)viagenie(_dot_)ca> wrote:
Example use case: you have several hosts in your home that do PCP
automatically. For example, you start up Transmission, a BitTorrent client,
and that automatically fires a PCP request to create a mapping. Transmission
could set a description such as "Transmission BitTorrent client running on
Roni Even's MacBook Pro". This is useful when you access your home router's
administration web interface and see the list of mappings created with PCP.
You can immediately understand what it is that is opening holes in your
firewall/NAT.

Any reason not to add some text to the document that talks about this?   I have
to admit that I wasn't confused by this after reading the document, but if Roni
was, that's an indication that at least something ought to be tweaked, since
there will be other readers who similarly lack context.