Re: IETF 89 London - Tube from LHR (was Tube strikes and Oyster cards)

2014-02-05 15:31:20
[ + 89attendees]
From a thread on 89attendees (where this really should be...):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/89attendees/current/msg00012.html

Getting from Paddington to the Hilton:
You could take a cab, but the hotel is 0.4mile away, and an easy, flat
walk. Took me <7 minutes.
Google Maps link: http://goo.gl/maps/XIAE7

Walk out onto Praed street - it's the "main" entrance - basically
continue walking in the same direction the train was going, up a ramp
/ closed road.
Turn left when you get onto the actual road. You will walk past
Garfunkels bar and a Mercure hotel. On the 2nd or 3rd block, just
before the big metal gates for St Mary's, look up  -- this is where Sir
Alexander Flemming discovered Penicillium mould. Say a quick "Thanks",
life would be substantially worse without this. I would also lose my
primary excuse for keeping a messy desk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Fleming

Continue walking along Praed. The hotel shows up on your left, just
after a Carphone Warehouse (they sell SIMs -
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/sims. I haven't checked if this is a
good deal). If you reach Marks&Spenser you have walked right past it.
Turn 180 degrees and walk in.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Ross Callon <rcallon(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net>