Re: [89attendees] IETF 89 London - Tube strikes and Oyster cards

2014-02-05 17:04:50
card.  I buy my Heathrow Connect tickets before I go online with my US
credit card. That should work fine - I was talking about trying to top up
at the machines in the tube stations which theoretically you can do, but it
doesn't work with US credit cards.

The machines want a Chip+PIN card. This amazing spreadsheet at Google Docs has every Chip+PIN or Chip+Signature (not as good) card available from US banks. It's a bit late to be getting one for the IETF, but it'll come in handy in Berlin.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ani-u3tGk5hedGRvcE1ELVg5UmlGZk01SHZvTUMxdUE

Regards,

PS: I have a Chip+PIN Amex card, which was a major pain in the patoot to get.