Update on IAOC appointment by the IESG

2014-02-14 16:01:51
Previously, the IESG sent an announcement about filling the seat on the IAOC
that the IESG is responsible for filling every other year. The announcement
indicated that the IESG had now completed the process and selected John Levine
as the new IAOC member. Unfortunately we failed to review all the obligations
of the position with our appointee and after learning more about those
obligations he has reluctantly concluded that he cannot accept the appointment.
My sincere apologies to John and other candidates for this mistake.

New members do not get seated until the March IETF. Fortunately, we had several
very strong candidates, so the IESG plans to continue the selection process as
if no decision had yet been made. Please stay tuned for further information.

Jari Arkko for the IESG