New TLDs and software

2014-04-04 16:07:36
This is another blog post, a continuation of topics that came up in the ICANN meeting. The previous blog post was about the IANA discussions. But of course that was not the only topic that we talked about.

The biggest project in the last couple of years at ICANN has been the introduction of new TLDs. Those are new finally coming online, and include both new ASCII-based names as well as many internationalized domain names. The latter are, of course, very important for the worldwide users of the Internet. But adding new TLDs is not just an administrative matter. In this blog article Barry and I wanted to highlight that there are some cases where software updates may be needed:

http://www.ietf.org/blog/2014/04/new-tlds/

Jari & Barry