Re: DMARC: perspectives from a listadmin of large open-source lists

2014-04-08 12:23:14
Hi Ned,
At 09:52 08-04-2014, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
Actually, mailing lists *can* implement DMARC, just not that way: Do a DMARC
check on all incoming messages, and if the domain policy is one that is
incompatible with the list's own policies - whatever they are - either change
the list's policies to conform to that message or reject it outright,
preferably with a nasty "find another a better mail provider" sort of message.

There is some Mailman code which does the above.

If the IETF wants to take a leadership position in regards to this issue,
perhaps someone could set this up.

I did a search before asking this question; I did not find any answer. Does anyone know whether the IETF adheres to BCP 167?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy