Re: [Internetgovtech] IANA changes process

2014-04-09 10:06:46
Eliot,

While I appreciate your measured tones, you may have understated the
situation in this case.  Two things are being proposed that require
careful consideration.

I am sorry if I was unclear. This is indeed very important, and, yes, as you
point out there are multiple aspects, both the process and the scope.

The process is here:
http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/iana/transition/draft-proposal-08apr14-en.htm
And the scope here:
http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/iana/iana-transition-scoping-08apr14-en.pdf

I expect the IAB and its IANA program to lead the preparation of response(s),
but nevertheless, community discussion of the topic would be very helpful as
well.

Jari