Re: Enough DMARC whinging

2014-04-30 09:39:49
If there is a problem, I am not seeing it on gmail.

I have checked my spam filters, no mail to any IETF list there. So
unless gmail is doing a hard reject on this, I am not seeing issues.

Of course the way to make mailing lists work with DMARC would be to
look at the headers and treat messages with mailing list headers
differently. Perhaps the issue isn't in DMARC but how the information
from DMARC is applied.

With all email filtering technologies, the results of any
authentication or policy check is merely advice, not a requirement.
The sender can't impose any requirements on the receiver. Folk who get
hot under the collar about mail filtering tech tend to do so because
they don't understand that.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Andrew G. Malis <agmalis(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>