Re: Trust and provacy problems with draft-loreto-httpbis-explicitly-auth-proxy

2014-05-07 10:16:40
Hello Salavatore.

Le 06/05/2014 13:27, Salvatore Loreto a écrit :
Hi Raphael,

first let me clarify once again: https resources are not affected by
the explicitly authenticated proxy
the draft only propose to proxy the http:// resources.

But one of the aim of HTTP2 is to make TLS 1.2 (or greater) mandatory,
the same way HTTPS does.
Add to this that most browsers have skipped the http or https part of an
URI, what will be the difference between http and https ?

In my opinion, with HTTP2 and mandatory encryption, HTTPS will no longer
exist. (except maybe for the handling of the X.509 trust model)
We have to deal all the encrypted flow in the same way. Any exception
would be fatal.

Best regards.
Raphaël Durand