Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-implementer-obligations-01.txt> (Expectations of Implementers of IETF Protocols) to Informational RFC

2014-05-11 05:18:03
I agree with most of Adrian comments.  However, Brian's opinion is
reasonable and the author's intentions are understood, but the draft should
change its approach in solving the problem and its sources. I think more
work needs to be done in the title, Abstract, and body. The draft has a
narrow viewpoint and does not consider the problems in users' expectations
of IETF.

The draft needs to identify the problem clearly, then design the approach
to solve such problem as informational work or as best practice work (it is
better to make it an informational). The problem is not only in the user
side or the implementor side but also includes the IETF specification
author, the problem domain includes IETF process that should consider
expectations of both sides.

More comments below, and I hope the author to consider my suggestions and
comments in this input.