Re: [IAB] IAB Call for review

2014-05-27 12:01:46
Hi Russ,
At 07:14 27-05-2014, Russ Housley wrote:
Please see RFC 4845. IAB Stream RFCs are seen as documents that speak 'for the IAB'.

Note that Step 5 in Section 3 says that the IAB Chair will call for comments. Then, comments received are considered for integration into the document. The IAB shall determine whether the document is ready for publication based on the comments received, or whether another round of document editing and, optionally, a further call for input is required.

In practice, any significant feedback, beyond nits, is brought to the IAB for discussion.

Thanks for the helpful explanation.

I received feedback from (IAB) editors when I commented about some IAB documents. I found it helpful as I got a better understanding of the document. It also provides a sense of whether the editors understood my comments. There isn't much of an incentive to write a review when there isn't any feedback.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy