Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01

2014-05-30 14:05:32
Hi Uri,
At 11:16 30-05-2014, Uri Blumenthal wrote:
I personally would not accept source code as the sole specification. IETF
tradition has always been providing both the "verbal" description in English
(or as close to it as practical) *plus* a reference implementation, preferably
more than one.

Mere existence of an implementation has never been an excuse to weasel out of
actually documenting the protocol.

IETF tradition is not to copy SecDir reviews to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org. I agree that it is good to have a verbal description of a specification in English. It helps to have an implementation.

The draft documents a code point assignment; it is not about a protocol.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy