Re: gmail users read on...

2014-09-14 09:13:02
The whole point of using theses alias or junk domains was to help protect your
real professional domains and also get around some restrictions or slow down
using your professional domain.

However, overtime, these junk domains have become more embedded in people's
lives. They are using them more across more services.  It has become a "second
life" for many.

I'm old school, so I wonder how it had changed at the corporate level, I.e.
Doing work related to your job using external domains.   But times are changing
where it can be expected to have some external address, if only to get around
some corporate restriction.  Just the other day, I had to use a customer's
gmail address to get around an attachment IT filtering delay.  And I also have
two subscriptions to this list. One using my non-corporate but professional
address and one with gmail.  I had used it to compare acceptance and
distribution delays.

--
Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com

On Aug 29, 2014, at 11:36 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson(_at_)live555(_dot_)com>