email standards (was: Re: facilitators at ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org)

2014-09-23 13:12:55

--On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:31 -0400 Phillip
Hallam-Baker <phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com> wrote:

Case in point, did we really need to have two completely
separate email standards? There was absolutely no possibility
of common ground?

I have discussed it with the AD who made the decision and he
pointed out that before he made the two groups completely
separate there was no progress on either. But end to end email
has been hurt by the fact that we have two incompatible
standards and they are both IETF standards.

In my capacity as the document editor for one of the
specifications I assume you are referring to, I have to confess
to having no idea what you are talking about.

     john