Fermat 4 Standard

2014-10-02 14:25:44
Hi,

After comparing two PKCS#10 with public exponent fermat 4, I found out that
one of them was generated with a value composed by three octets (01 00 01)
and the other one with a value composed by 4 octets (00 01 00 01).

Even using different values, both PKCS#10 were decoded by ASN1 editors.

I searched on RFC 5280 but I didn´t find any standard for using Fermat 4  in
X.509 public key infrastructure certificates.

Is there any RFC  with requirements for Fermat 4 usage with X.509?

Thanks and best regards,

Anderson Farias