Re: History behind RFC numbers

2014-10-03 18:37:53
On 10/3/14 3:23 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
It should be possible to do this as aliases of numbered RFCs.

More to the point, RFC numbers are identifiers, and what's
being discussed here is metadata.  And classification.  Which
is a sort of metadata but also has a structural function.
Anyway.

There's an entire field of knowledge that deals with this
kind of thing.  It's called "librarianship."  That said, I'm
not convinced there's a problem.  Seems to me that we ought to
have some sort of token system whereby a document review earns
a person a token that entitles him or her to <n> comments in rathole
threads, and they don't get to comment in those threads without
tokens [not directed at you].

Melinda