*** Reminder and update "Nerds in Paradise" T-shirts ***

2014-10-17 20:33:21

**** UPDATE: We will offer women's style T-shirts as well as the
originally announced range of sizes. If you have already ordered
and would like to make a change, please respond with the details.

**** REMINDER: The deadline is approaching, send in your order today!

Dear IETF 91 Attendee,

Twenty-five years ago, the IETF met in Honolulu for IETF 15. This was
long before the days of hosts and sponsors and thus long before there
were any official T-shirts for attendees.

A small group of IETFers got together and decided that it would be fun
to create a T-shirt. The now-famous "Nerds in Paradise" imprint was
designed by Julia Topolcic and became, as far as we know, the first
IETF shirt ever. It was printed locally in Honolulu and distributed to
those who had signed up for it.

This is what the shirt looked like:

http://www.blkk.com/_Media/img_4721-2.jpeg

To commemorate IETF 15 and that T-shirt, we are planning to produce a
Version 2.0 in the same ad hoc fashion, based closely on the original
design. The cost per T-shirt will about US $ 15.00, priced to offset
the cost of this excercise. The final price will depend on how many
shirts we order. If there are surplus funds, we will donate them to
the Open Internet Endowment:

http://www.internetsociety.org/articles/open-internet-endowment-0

If you wish to pre-order, please let us know what size and how many
you want by 23:59:00 UTC on October 22, 2014. Available sizes are:
Men's and Women's: S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL.

Send your order to: nerds(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org. You will be required to pay in
CASH when collecting your shirt in Honolulu. We expect to distribute
the shirts on Sunday afternoon, November 9.

Mail orders are NOT available, we suggest you ask an IETF 91 attendee
to collect the shirt for you if you are unable to attend in person.

See you in Honolulu!

Bob Hinden
Joel A. Jaeggli
Ole J. Jacobsen