Re: Last Call: <draft-murdock-nato-nid-02.txt> (URN Namespace for NATO) to Informational RFC

2014-10-23 04:11:10
Hi,

On 22 Oct 2014, at 22:10, The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'URN Namespace for NATO'
 <draft-murdock-nato-nid-02.txt> as Informational RFC

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2014-11-19. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

This document looks fine and I support its publication. But if I am to nit
pick, I think it should be changed to use ABNF or at least state which BNF form
it is using to describe syntax.

Abstract

  This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for
  assignment by NATO.  The current primary use is for uniquely
  identifying Extensible Markup Language (XML) artifacts that provide
  information about NATO message text formats and service
  specifications as described in various NATO standards [4],
  instructions and publications.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murdock-nato-nid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via