Re: Last Call: <draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-15.txt> (IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme) to Proposed Standard

2014-10-30 11:01:20
Looks good.

Some minor thoughts

s.3 " section 7 'The TLS Handshake Protocol' in [RFC5246]"
should now refer to
"section 7 'TLS Handshaking Protocols'   "

s.4.1 "Any other transport binding for IPP would require a different URI
scheme. "
sounds rather like a MUST e.g. 'This URI scheme MUST only be used with
the transport bindings specified here'

s.4.2 'Note: Literal IPv4 addresses'
sounds like good security advice but is not referenced by s.6  On the
other hand, I cannot see a good place in s.6 in which to insert a
reference so probably best left.

s.5
"   Encoding Considerations:  See section 4.3 of RFC xxxx.
"
should now be section 4.5.

I note that the latest RFC Editor guidelines say that they prefer TBD1,
TBD2 etc to xxxx which seems to me very silly - I await their response
with interest:-)

Tom Petch