Re: IESG Teleconference Participation for November 25, 2014

2014-11-20 06:44:58
On Nov 20, 2014, at 12:32 AM, Chris Inacio <inacio(_at_)cert(_dot_)org> wrote:
Secondly, and more ambitiously, I was looking at tools like Doodle Premium,
TimeBridge, WhenIsGood, and ScheduleOnce which allow calendar integration
from user calendars (e.g. Exchange, Google, Apple Calendar, …) and helps in
scheduling.

A privacy-preserving system for sharing calendars would really be nice.
Unfortunately I don't think these sites would work--I couldn't use them even if
I weren't concerned about privacy because I'd have to hand them the keys to my
corporate email/calendar account.   This is definitely an interesting problem.
:)

Dudle is interesting, but possibly expensive in terms of cost to set up.   The
way things like that succeed in the IETF is that someone just sets them up and
offers them, and then we find out if they are worthwhile.   If they are, then
maybe we spend the money making them official.