Re: Blog: YANG Really Takes Off in the Industry

2014-11-28 07:13:39
Hi Jari,

Let me open the discussion.
What is important at this point in time is the coordination of those YANG models.
All of them come at the same time, and this required some urgent attention.
Focusing on the routing YANG models with "Rtg-yang-coord(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <Rtg-yang-coord(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtg-yang-coord> is a step in the right direction. Indeed the community needs to agree on how to model IGPs, BGP, the topology, etc... However, the coordination should also occur with the data models developed in other IETF WGs. And the IETF might need to reach out to different SDOs/consortia. As the operators told me: we can't afford to develop those data models independently from each others.

Regards, Benoit
Thanks for writing this article, Benoit!

The wave of new data models is obviously interesting and exciting. But I wanted
to open a discussion with you all on what we should do with regards to serving
this need better. Is there something that we could do better at the IETF to be
able deal with this new work?

Jari