RE: Reply to LC comments on draft-secretaries-good-practices-06

2014-12-01 07:14:09
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the detailed email and the update. I think you've done a good job of
addressing the many points that were raised.

I've waited a while to see whether anyone wanted to comment on your changes, for
example to say that they don't address their concerns. But no email on the
subject.

I will put the document in front of the IESG on the 18 December telechat. That
gives you all a little longer to express any further concerns.

Thanks,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: iesg [mailto:iesg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Martin
Vigoureux
Sent: 12 November 2014 07:29
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: IETF WG Chairs
Subject: Reply to LC comments on draft-secretaries-good-practices-06

All,

thank you for your reviews and comments on
draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.
Sorry for the delayed response.

Summarizing the comments:

* We noticed some opposition to moving this document as a BCP updating
RFC 2418.
We have decided no to progress it as such. We have thus removed the
normative section (Section 2.), changed the intended status to
Informational, removed the update to RFC 2418 in the header and
Abstract, and have moved RFC 2418 as an Informative Reference.

* We understood some clarifications were needed to more precisely
position the content of this document with regards to WG chairs
responsibilities.
* We also understood that some clarifications were needed with regards
to the relevancy of WG Secretaries, as well a who has responsibility
over their appointment and the delegation.
There were bits and pieces of text covering some of these points. Text
was also missing. We have regrouped all the relevant text elements under
a new section (Applicability Statement) with the objective of clarifying
the blurry points.

pertaining to access to tools.

* Finally, we have taken into account a good number of rewording
suggestions.

I am ready to go through each comment that was made, if desired.

We have published a new version of the draft capturing all that.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-secretaries-good-practices-07

Thank you

-m