Re: IAB statement on the NETmundial Initiative

2014-12-04 14:08:14
Just to be clear, what I am unclear about is the Netmundial Initiative and
in particular the role of this proposed council.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I am a little confused by this proposal.

The statement of principles seems relatively unobjectionable. But
there seems to be rather less information on specific objectives and
virtually none on how those objectives would be achieved.

There is a proposal for a council but no information on how the
members are to be appointed or what the source or scope of their
authority will be.

There are three questions of power: How did you get it? Whose
interests do you serve when you use it? and How do we get rid of you?
I don't see answers to any of those questions in the documents
provided.