Re: Status of RFC 20 (was: Re: Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-json-text-sequence-09)

2014-12-06 11:07:07
In article <E8A28A69-D7F0-4555-9A18-3F1B478BDD8C(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> you
write:
If it is just for IETF purposes it could be added to the downref list without
being reclassified.

I have to agree with John K.  Pick any definition of standard you
want, stable, interoperable, multiple implementations, whatever, and
RFC 20 certainly fits as well as anything else we call a standard.

Just mark it as a standard and be done with it.  Because that's
what it is.

R's,
John

PS: Thought experiment: Let's say we made RFC 20 a full standard.
What Bad Things will happen?