Re: [Ianaplan] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-06.txt> (Draft Response to the Internet Coordination Group Request for Proposals on the IANA protocol parameters registries) to Informational RFC

2014-12-10 04:28:13
Richard,

On 27 November, I requested that the co-chairs provide a justification for
the conclusion that rough consensus has been achieved, see:

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ianaplan/current/msg01402.html

The requested justification has not yet been provided.

Calling the consensus is a judgment call. For what it is worth, I have been
quite satisfied with the chairs and the document shepherd reading the
opinions of the group. Their thoughts have been discussed in the thread
“draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response moving to next step”, see the thread
beginning at

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ianaplan/current/msg01401.html

See in particular this e-mail:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ianaplan/current/msg01406.html

as well as the shepherd writeup:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response/shepherdwriteup/

Also, for information, the IESG has not yet considered this draft. But they
will. Right now it's in IETF last call, the outcome of which will first be
evaluated by the responsible AD, in this case me. And then by the IESG
as a whole. At that point the IESG will determine if there have been any
process or other issues that need consideration or action.

Jari