Re: Closing down draft-secretaries-good-practices

2014-12-10 22:32:38
Dear IESG,

The document should be amended and discussed or just rejected for
reasons, but not dead. Many managers/authors in IETF may say I am very
busy so I forgot to reply or track the discussions, so does that work
for IETF volunteering work ? (it can be a very bad organisation
practice). IMHO IETF needs more clear procedures for managers and
secretaries (as the draft suggests for clear-roles of secretaries), I
don't think RFC2418 is clear and practical enough. In other words the
RFC2418 does not have a good section about the secretary role, the
section written is small and is not effective.

 I never heard of a good management practice without secretaries
(specially when they are totally volunteering). If there is good
management practice in IETF then their MUST be a good secretary
practice in IETF WGs (specially with large group participants or/and
with many adopted work). For the future we need to expect that the
IETF may have higher volumes/demands.

Therefore, I object this action from IESG, they need to reconsider
updates of RFC2418. I think that the IESG has already a secretary :-)

Comments below,

AB