Re: Call for Papers: IAB Workshop on Stack Evolution in a Middlebox Internet (SEMI)

2014-12-15 02:14:09
I wrote:

I had thought that part of the meeting would be to address the tension
between these two issues, but I have also since learned it has become
"how do we evolve the Internet to accept whatever middleboxes want to
do" - i.e., precisely the latter of your examples.

That's called "anarchy", and the results only serve to increase entropy.

Or, are you assuming some formal way to describe behavior of
middle boxes, with which end systems can cooperate with the
middle boxes?

                                                        Masataka Ohta