Re: [http-auth] Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-httpauth-hoba-08

2014-12-27 04:12:18
On 2014-12-27 04:15, Black, David wrote:
The -08 draft addresses all of the important issues in the combined Gen-ART
and OPS-Dir review of the -07 version, and is a definite improvement over
its -07 version.

Based on discussion of item [5], there are a couple of remaining editorial
nits in Section 5.3:

    During the authentication phase, if the server cannot determine the
    correct CPK, it could use HTML and JavaScript to ask the user if they
    are really a new user or want to associate this new CPK with another
    CPK.  The server can then use some out-of-band method (such as a

"can" -> "should"

    confirmation email round trip, SMS, or an UA that is already
    enrolled) to verify that the "new" user is the same as the already-
    enrolled one.  Thus, logging in on a new user agent is identical to
    logging in with an existing account.

    If the server does not recognize the CPK the server might send the
    client through a either a join or login-new-UA (see below) process.

"might" -> "should"

I agree w/the draft editor that these are matters of editorial taste.

Thanks,
--David

For the record: I strongly disagree with the proposal to insert lower-cased BCP 14 keywords.

Best regards, Julian