Re: Out-of-area ADs [Re: IETF areas re-organisation steps]

2014-12-29 02:37:54
It occurs to me that my proposal is rather selfish, actually: motivated by
difficulty for a relative outsider (I don't follow very many WGs)
in understanding the actual proposal.  I'd have read a fair bit of
datatracker records and mailing list archive content to begin to understand
some reassignment proposals, and/or talk to a number of people.  The flip
side is that infrequent mass reassignments must seem like a lot less work
to the IESG.  Each lone reassignment would have to be guaranteed to be real
cheap, or the concept won't fly.  But we are also not fond of light-weight
processes here.

Given this, I think I will now butt-out, even if the IESG and IETF end
up adopting something like my suggestion.