Re: PKCS#11 URI slot attributes & last call

2014-12-30 13:54:31
On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Jan Pechanec
<jan(_dot_)pechanec(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Nico Williams wrote:
Better not even think about saying anything about normalization,
right?  PKCS#11 nowadays supports UTF-8 for the strings we care about,
but says nothing about normalization.  I suppose you could say that
matching should be (lowercase) normalization-insensitive.  In practice
it will never matter (which is why the lowercase).

        hi Nico, I assume you talk about case normalization now.  I
also agree we need not to say anything about it - and we don't aside
from "case normalization" as defined in 6.2.2.1 of RFC 3986 where only
the following sections are relevant to us:

No, I meant Unicode normalization.  It's a messy business.  Better say
nothing, because I think the thing to do is obvious enough, but if we
must say anything, it's that the various strings (e.g., token manuf)
are to be compared normalization-insensitively.

Nico