RE: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-14.txt> (Updates to LDP for IPv6) to Proposed Standard

2015-01-07 10:47:35
Hi Mustapha,

Can we also close on the IANA assignment for the new TLVs and specifically for
the Dual-Stack Capability TLV?

I assume this will be drawn from the Common Hello Parameters range of the LDP
TLV Type Name Space. The next available value is 0x0409. I appreciate if you
could
confirm this value.

Are you asking for an early allocation of this code point?

The document has been through IETF last call and with a few edits will be ready
for processing by the IESG. After IESG approval, the IANA will make a
provisional allocation of a code point that will be confirmed on publication of
the RFC. The IANA is *likely* to allocate the next available value, but not if
another I-D gets there first :-)

Unless there is a reason for a rush, I suggest that we wait for normal process.
Constructive discussion of the remaining issues with this draft should enable
that to complete quickly.

Thanks,
Adrian