Re: Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice

2015-01-17 11:44:47
Has either or both of the ISOC and IETF trust lawyers reviewed this, especially
section 5?  If so, would you please provide the written evaluation that
indicates they see no issue with respect to IETF liability should the Ombudsman
actually attempt to exclude someone from the face to face or online sessions?

I'm still in great opposition to this document  as I believe Section 5 provides
too broad a palate of "remedies" without appropriate checks and balances on the
system.   It's unclear that what actual recourse the IETF has if the target of
the remedies simply chooses to ignore the directions of the OBs.

I would not publish it in its current form and would never publish it without
appropriate documented professional review ideally by both legal and HR
experts.  Since this is targeted for a BCP, the supporting documentation needs
to be part of the approval package.

Later, Mike