Re: Yet another tracking enhancement suggestion

2015-01-27 08:33:05
I think this conversation should move to tools-discuss (and I've set the Reply-To for this message to that list).

A few thoughts -

* We're already parsing references. You can see them in the tracker by following the "References" and "Referenced By" links.

* As suggested already, we could make receiving this notification opt-in. One way would be to extend the community tracker application to support rules like "all documents that this document references" or "all documents that reference documents matching this regex"

* We can exclude nodes, like 2119, where notification would be noise. We do similar things already when preparing graphs like what you see at <http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/deps/pdf/>