Re: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-safe-hint-06.txt

2015-02-12 20:09:20
On 13 February 2015 at 11:23, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
wrote:

So, I am seriously wondering how the IETF would react to a
proposal to standardise some other kind of hint in HTTP requests.
For example, if you happen to like or hate the colour green,
and/or ecologically-friendly solutions, how about a standard which
contains text like the following?

​<snip>

The more I look at this draft, the less it seems like a meaningful idea.
The latest tweaks don't help.

    Brian

​Maybe if lots of big players already had a "green" option right there on
their front page, it might gain some traction. Remember that "safe" is
codifying something people already do, but "green" isn't, and "puce"
probably never will be.​

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/