RE: [lisp] OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-lisp-introduction-11 [B]

2015-02-13 07:52:05
Yes.  I think we've discussed and reached conclusions on everything except
whether
to add text on the IPv6 UDP zero checksum topic.  Could I suggest submission of
a -12 version of the draft that captures everything that's been
discussed/resolved?

Thanks,
--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Luigi Iannone [mailto:ggx(_at_)gigix(_dot_)net]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 3:38 AM
To: Black, David
Cc: Dino Farinacci; ops-dir(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; lisp(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
Albert Cabellos; Damien
Saucez; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [lisp] OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-lisp-introduction-11 [B]

On 12 Feb 2015, at 15:58, Black, David
<david(_dot_)black(_at_)emc(_dot_)com> wrote:

"can be the same" is fine (i.e., if the mapping produces the same output as
its input, that's ok, but mapping is involved).
The current draft text (as I read it) implies "are always the same" and that
needs to be corrected.

Excellent progress thanks.

So, no new terminology, just clarification that inner and outer multicast
groups are in general different (unless specific cases where the underlay
provider wants to introduce some tighter control on the overlay.

Did I get it right?

L.

Thanks,
--David