Re: Next steps on re-organisation of areas

2015-02-19 17:12:41

IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:
    > DESIRED EXPERTISE

    > Given the amount of work encompassed by real-time and non-real-time
    > applications, it is expected that the ART area will be initially
    > shepherded by the three area directors from RAI and APP who will be
    > serving on the IESG from March 2015. Going forward, we would expect ART
    > ADs to serve two-year terms as usual.

I'm unclear if the ART area will continue with two or three ADs in 2016.
Perhaps that is a TBD?

    > communities of interest. The ART ADs should make every effort not to
    > schedule DISPATCH and APATCH against each other at in-person meetings.

APATCH sounds a lot like Apache (the "patchy" web server), so it will be
funny for it to deal with HTTP extensions :-)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-