Re: (short version) Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-uri-10.txt> (The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) DNS Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

2015-02-25 10:23:29
On 2/23/15 10:33 AM, Sam Hartman wrote:
I think the security implications of this draft, and by implication the
advisability of this draft have been inadequately considered.  I believe
a last-call is premature at this time.

I presume you meant "approval is premature at this time". Obviously the discussion of this document prior to Last Call did not surface the issues that are now being discussed, so Last Call seems like exactly what was required.

I don't think the discussion here has completely come to ground. I am reading it with great interest. I'll decide what to do once the discussion has completed. Yes, Last Call officially completed yesterday, but the loop wasn't closed on some of the earlier comments, so I'm not about to stop the discussions that are now happening.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478