Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-05

2015-04-03 05:00:19
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document:  draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-05

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2015-4-3

IETF LC End Date: 2015-4-13

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

I am wondering why this document is a standard track and not Informational,
reading it I get the impression that it repeats text from RFC6120 and does
not provide new normative information.

Section 3.1 talks about TLS support and say that it SHOULD be tried  but
since it is a SHOULD I assume that failure may happen and non TLS
connections may be used ( I am not sure what RFC6120 say about it.

Section 3.4 may look like authentication is a MUST but section 3.5 talks
about  unauthenticated connections

On section 3.7 I assume that providing e2e information is based on the XMPP
architecture that may have only one server to server hop.  Are there other
cases?

Minor issues: