Re: Possible 6LoWPAN dispatch type deprecation and re-use for route over purposes

2015-04-29 15:13:29
Thank you for calling the attention of the IETF to the use of the 6LoWPAN mesh-under dispatch code in G3-PLC.

The formal method for providing information like this to the IETF is through a Liaison Statement from the relevant standards organization (perhaps G3-PLC Alliance in this case?) submitted at http://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/add/?incoming

It would be helpful to include explicit reference(s) to text in specifications that define the use of the 6LoWPAN dispatch header (https://www.iana.org/assignments/_6lowpan-parameters/_6lowpan-parameters.xhtml).

- Ralph Droms
  Member, IAB