Re: FTP Service Discontinuance / RSYNC IPV6

2015-05-19 19:37:15
And on a related note.

 My ISP recently started issuing IPv6 addresses.

 I switched from FTP to RSYNC, all seemed to work.

 Until my ISP switched to also providing me a IPV6 address.

Ubuntu or RSYNC, seem to look for the DNS AAAA record before the DNS A record.
 It finds the AAAA record for  for rsync.ietf.org (2001:1900:3001:11::2c).

RSYNC connects to the correct RSYNC port at 2001:1900:3001:11::2c, then hangs.

I sent an email to ietf-actions(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org in an attempt to figure out if it is me, my ISP, RSYNC, or IETF.org - in progress...

Anyone else tried RSYNC with rsync.ietf.org via IPv6? Does it work for you?

Thanks!

--

Doug Royer - (http://K7DMR.us / http://DougRoyer.US)
DouglasRoyer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com