Re: Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-video-05

2015-06-09 16:01:58
On 5/15/15 10:14, Russ Housley wrote:
In section 3, the first sentence says: "This section provides guidance
on pre- or post-processing of video streams."  s/pre- or/pre- and/

Thanks, agreed.

Maybe the intended audience will understand "Y'CbCr 4:2:0", but a
reference would have helped me.

Yes, I do believe that the intended audience will be familiar with this as a term of art. I suspect that casual readers will be as adroit with web search engines as you are. I would be very hesitant to cite something as fluid as a wiki for a definition.

The indented text in Section 5 should begin with "NOTE: ".

Thanks, agreed.

In section 6, I assume that "320x240" is measured in pixels.  Please
make the text clear.

Thanks, agreed.

Section 6.2 says: "Unless otherwise signaled, implementations that use
H.264 MUST encode and decode pixels with a implied 1:1 (square) aspect
ratio."  Isn't this true for VP8 as well?

Yes, it would make sense to have this in the VP8 section.

Other Comments:

There are references to several outdated I-Ds.  Some of the references
point to particular section numbers.  I did not check whether the
updates had an impact on these sections, but someone should do so:

Good catch. This is the result of unexpected caching behavior in xml2rfc. Easy to fix.

   - draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-09: -11) exists
   - draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-06: -08 exists

These are the only documents with specific sections cited. I have verified that the references are correct with regard to the most recent version.

/a