RE: [rfc-i] Proposed change to RFC references

2015-08-19 10:15:58
Is this necessary because automatic remapping depends on cooperation from
the browser?

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Warren Kumari
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:30 AM
To: Tony Hansen
Cc: rfc-interest(_at_)rfc-editor(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org Disgust
Subject: Re: [rfc-i] Proposed change to RFC references

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Tony Hansen <tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com> wrote:
I support this change.

Yah. Seems like a good idea...

    Tony Hansen

On 8/17/15 3:01 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

Hello all,

The RFC Editor supports the goal of a more secure and trusted
Internet. In support of that ideal, the RFC Editor is proposing to
change how we reference RFCs to use an HTTPS URI. This will not
impact existing, published RFCs. All pages will continue to be
available over HTTP as well.

As an example of the proposed change, a reference would change as
follow
s:

OLD
   [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
              Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997,
              <http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119>.

NEW

   [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
              Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997,
              <https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119>.

Please direct any questions or discussion to the rfc-interest mailing
list <https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest>.

--
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in the
first place.