Re: NomCom procedures revision

2015-08-31 23:27:15
On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 4:05 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>
wrote:

One way out is to decouple this question from RFC7437bis by
designing an RFC3933 Process Experiment (i.e. try out an
alternative qualification rule for a couple of years,
reverting to the current rule afterwards by default).

This may be too radical but, in the spirit of allowing people to
apply discretion, let me success such a process experiment based
on the principle that the reason for Nomcom-volunteer
qualification rules is to be sure that the selecting members of
the Nomcom have a reasonable understanding of the IETF and how
it works.   For the purpose of this experiment,
[...]

For my own clarification, would we publish the current draft without
changing the qualification criteria, and then either revise and republish
or do an "Updates" draft after the process experiment?  Or would we run the
experiment and hold the draft until the experiment is done?

-MSK