Re: Last Call: <draft-santesson-auth-context-extension-09.txt> (Authentication Context Certificate Extension) to Proposed Standard

2015-11-17 09:42:04
process-wise I think you are fine as long as it was last-called for the status
you now intend

the general issue is addressed in 2026

   The IESG is not bound by the action recommended when the
   specification was submitted.  For example, the IESG may decide to
   consider the specification for publication in a different category
   than that requested.  If the IESG determines this before the Last-
   Call is issued then the Last-Call should reflect the IESG's view.
   The IESG could also decide to change the publication category based
   on the response to a Last-Call. If this decision would result in a
   specification being published at a "higher" level than the original
   Last-Call was for, a new Last-Call should be issued indicating the
   IESG recommendation. In addition, the IESG may decide to recommend
   the formation of a new Working Group in the case of significant
   controversy in response to a Last-Call for specification not
   originating from an IETF Working Group.

any you are on the right side of that discussion

Scott

On Nov 17, 2015, at 10:34 AM, Kathleen Moriarty