fetching IETF/IRTF material programmatically

2015-11-19 11:34:18
Hello,

I have written a little IETF material scraping tool that I thought could be
useful for other people, too.

Here is the description:

I sometimes have the need to grab the recent available material (slides, drafts
etc.) for an IETF WG or IRTF RG for later offline work, e.g., when jumping on a
plane, train etc.

I hacked a simple shell script that would do that for me: get-ietf-material

# Usage: get-ietf-material <meetingnr> <groupname>
# Example: get-ietf-material 94 icnrg

It tries to fetch slides, agendae, minutes, charter, drafts and stores
everything under <meetingnr>/<groupname>.
Fair warning: There is no meaningful error processing.

It's based on wget and uses time stamping to avoid fetching things multiple
times, so could be run periodically.

Available here:
https://github.com/dku/ietf-tools

It's possible that there are better tools available - please let me know if you
aware of anything.

Cheers,
Dirk

--
Dr. Dirk Kutscher | NEC Laboratories Europe, Chief Researcher
http://dirk-kutscher.info/

NEC Europe Ltd | Registered Office: Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End
Road, London, HA4 6QE, GB | Registered in England 2832014