Re: [eppext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay-10.txt> (Key Relay Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol) to Proposed Standard

2015-11-24 17:49:33
Hello All,

Based on the discussion the reseller drafts within the EPPEXT working group I
revisited the keyrelay draft and came to the conclusion I want to change
something in the XML schema. As it is in last call I post this message in the
IETF list and the WG list.

What is the issue:
In this thread there is a discussion on the XML schema attribute
schemaLocation.
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eppext/current/msg00841.html

Having read the XML schema specification this attribute can be used in a
document to provide hints as to the physical location of schema documents which
may be used for assessment. In other words it is optional and is treated as a
hint for XML parsers. We have added the schemaLocation to the XSDs in our own
SRS implementation for XML validation and that's how it ended op in the
keyrelay document.

Looking at the other EPP RFC (RFC5731,RFC5732,RFC5733) there is no
schemaLocation attribute in the XML schema, so my proposal below makes the
keyrelay document more in sync with the existing RFCs.

My proposal is to change the following in Chapter 4 Formal syntax:

   <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"
       schemaLocation="epp-1.0.xsd" />
     <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0"
       schemaLocation="eppcom-1.0.xsd" />
     <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:secDNS-1.1"
       schemaLocation="secdns-1.1.xsd" />
     <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0"
       schemaLocation="domain-1.0.xsd" />

into

   <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0"/>
   <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0"/>
   <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:secDNS-1.1"/>
   <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0"/>

Is there any objection to doing this? Any other remarks?

Kind regards,
Rik Ribbers