Re: I-D "Unwritten Rules and Values of the IETF" (Mentoring)

2015-12-17 07:49:16

From: Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

Nice job.
Thank you.

I'd say, however, that this paints a very rosy picture of the IETF.  Maybe
that's aspirational.  Understanding why one is in the room in the first place,
and why others are in the room is an >important success factor.  I think the
draft actually does a pretty good job of explaining why without actually
stating it as such ;-)

 Yes, I know that sometimes things go sadly astray.  But, I think it is
important to try to follow these values - so I suppose it is aspirational.  A
positive vision to reach for that IMHO we reach many times.

Thanks,
Nalini