Re: [discuss] Questions

2015-12-21 12:55:40

On 12/21/2015 01:20 AM, Bill Woodcock wrote:
On Dec 20, 2015, at 6:58 PM, Nathalie Coupet
<nathaliecoupet(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Could someone explain to me:
Sure.  Open-ended questions often benefit from a little context which was
lacking from these, but:

1) what a network operator does on a daily basis?
That’s easy: faster light. A simple matter of physics, I’m told. Alternatively, we can make packets that enter our network leave sooner and at a lower cost, reducing the delay portion of the bandwidth delay product by drawing a straighter line (going through fewer kilometers of fiber and fewer pieces of active equipment) between the IXP and the customer.

Are you guys really looking closely at quantum entanglement? I hope so. That would deal well with the delay.

best,
---
-- . .. ... ^,^ robert Go Panthers!